04 April 2012
Five teams have responded to Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s call for firms to build a new I-65 bridge in downtown Louisville in the USA and rebuild interstate connections on both sides of the Ohio River.
The teams that responded to the request for qualifications are:
- Cross River Constructors, a joint venture of Fluor Enterprises, Acciona Infraestructuras and The Lane Construction Company
- Kentucky Indiana Bridge Partners, a joint venture by Bechtel Infrastructure and Tutor Perini
- Ohio River Transportation Constructors, a joint venture of Kiewit Infrastructure, Traylor Brothers, Kokosing Construction and Massman Construction
- Skanska, Flatiron, Dragados USA
- Walsh Construction Company
A review committee will narrow the list of teams to three by mid-April. The selection criteria include proven experience, innovative ideas, inclusion of minorities and women in the workforce and ability to deliver the best value on schedule.
Teams will spend the summer developing specific proposals that will include innovative concepts, technical designs and cost details.The schedule calls for the winning team to be selected in October, allowing preliminary construction work to begin before year’s end.
The project – which includes a new downtown I-65 bridge, overhauling the existing Kennedy Bridge, rebuilding the downtown Louisville interchange and new interstate connections in southern Indiana – is scheduled for completion on or before June 2018.