November 2020 Subscribe
Welcome to Bd&e #101: our latest issue with special features on Asia and pedestrian bridges. Among the articles for your enjoyment in this edition are:
- Extended island stay: cable installation marks significant milestone in the Philippines concrete highway bridge without steel in Japan
- Root and branch: historic Ho Chi Minh crossing is upgraded with unusual techniques
- Iron Giant: a rare wrought-iron railway viaduct is repurposed for cyclists
- Nature's bounty: making the case for structural timber on pedestrian and cycle bridges
- Trail blazer: a 23-km long stretch of footpaths and bridges encourages green mobility in China
- Profile: Joanna Bonnet: a career of problem-solving in the bridge industry
- Friends reunited: 200th birthday renovation for a historical suspension bridge
- Tour de force: trimming weight and carbon emissions on a suspension bridge girder
- Poised response: rebalancing cables and hangers with modelling and hydraulic operations
- Beating the drum: why a supplier is calling on movable bridge designs to ditch the drum brake
Download the contents page via the link on the right for full details of what's in this issue.
Not yet a subscriber?
- Download a FREE example of the latest Bd&e magazine to review.