November 2023 Subscribe
Welcome to Bd&e #113, our latest issue with a spotlight on North America as well as footbridges. Among the articles for your enjoyment in this edition are:
- Destination – Australia: footbridges combining functionality and aesthetics with advanced engineering
- Wood craft: why proponents of engineered timber bridges are enjoying the moment
- Resilience in sculptural form: Czech UHPFRC footbridge features an unusual moveable section
- Sense & sensitivity: bridge project in Florida conservation land ticks all environmental boxes
- ABC for raising twins: designs that will keep trains flowing on the USA’s busiest commuter line
- Storming ahead: Storstrøm Bridge’s many workfronts reach a rhythm despite complex challenges
- Mumbai Bay dream: finding closure in India’s longest sea link
- March of the robots: welding steel bridge elements quicker, at a lower cost and to a higher quality
- Carbon network: a second rail bridge in Germany breaks new ground with carbon hangers
- Emerging technologies in SHM: exploring the use of smartphone sensors and cloud computing
- On the fly: minimising rail closures during an emergency abutment replacement near Oxford
- Second life: plans to reuse bridge girders move up a gear after healthy ‘harvest’ in Holland
- Green reform: formwork firm measures carbon footprint of products in sustainability drive
Download the contents page via the link on the right for full details of what's in this issue.
Not yet a subscriber?
- Download a FREE example of the latest Bd&e magazine to review.