August 2020 Subscribe
Welcome to Bd&e #100: our centenary issue with a special section dedicated to celebrating the past 25 years of the magazine and the bridge design and engineering community. Among the articles in this special edition that everyone can enjoy are:
- Away with steel: building a concrete highway bridge without steel in Japan
- Going for gold: manufacturing and logistical challenges overcome for Swedish bridge
- Economical uplift: temporary crossing combines modular panels with a bascule bridge
- Stable cables: carbon hangers used for the first time on a network arch rail bridge
- Cross-border ties: work on major project connecting USA and Canada is well under way
- Long detour: ageing infrastructure increases demand for longer span detour bridges
- Lighter and longer: new possibilities unfold with layout and topology optimisation
- Bridging the gap: a new consulting service for advanced bridge modelling
- Holistic approach: why the scope of digital planning must expand for bridges
- Tall story: a retrospective on the Millau Viaduct, as voted for by readers
- Over to you: highlights from responses to the 100th anniversary readers’ poll
Download the contents page via the link on the right for full details of what's in this issue.
Not yet a subscriber?
- Download a FREE example of the latest Bd&e magazine to review.