Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) is now assessing the responses with a view to selecting a shortlist and requesting proposals for the Mobile River Bridge & Bayway project early next year. “ALDOT is pleased with the industry’s response to this key project,” said project director Matt Ericksen.
The 12-mile project, which is expected to cost more than US$1.5bn, will increase capacity along the Interstate 10 corridor in South Alabama. It has three major components: a new cable-stayed bridge over the Mobile River; replacement of the existing Bayway; and five interchange modifications.
The scheme will be ALDOT’s first public-private partnership (P3). ALDOT will use the design-build-finance-operate-maintain (DBFOM) model for the bridge.
The teams submitting applications are:
I-10 Mobility Group
- Equity members: Cintra Global and Meridiam I-10 Infrastructure
- Lead engineering firm: Parsons Transportation Group
- Lead contractor: Ferrovial Agroman and Parsons Construction Group
- Lead O&M: Cintra Group and Meridiam 1-10 Infrastructure
Gulf Coast Connectors
- Equity members: ACS Infrastructure Development, Macquarie Capital Holdings, Hochtief PPP Solutions and John Laing Investments
- Lead engineering firm: TY Lin International
- Lead contractor: Dragados USA, Lane Construction Corporation, Flatiron Constructors
- Lead O&M: Gulf Coast Connectors
Mobile Bay Link
- Equity members: Acciona Concesiones, Aberdeen Global Infrastructure, DIF Infra 5 US, Societa Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua
- Lead engineering firm: Cowi North America and Michael Baker International
- Lead contractor: Acciona Construccion, Societa Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua
- Lead O&M: Acciona Concesiones, Aberdeen Global Infrastruction GP II, DIF Infra 5 US and Societa Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua
Mobile River Bridge Group
- Equity members: InfraRed Capital Partners, Shikun & Binui, Astaldi and Southland Holdings
- Lead engineering firm: Figg Bridge Engineers
- Lead contractor: AJS Contractors – a joint venture of Astaldi, Johnson Bros and Shikun & Binui America
- Lead O&M: InfraRed Capital Partners/ Shikun & Binui Concessions USA/ Astaldi / Southland Holdings